This is probably one of my favourite salads because of the amazing vegan green goddess dressing from Oh She Glows.
You can honestly use this dressing on any salad, bowl, pasta dish, the list goes on! It’s light, fresh and the perfect amount of zesty!
I decided to mix it into a zucchini noodle + mix of vegetables that I had on hand and it turned out absolutely delightful!
Ingredients for sauce:
1 garlic clove
1 cup packed avocado flesh (2 small)
7-8 tbsp water
5 tbsp apple cider vinegar*
3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice, to taste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup packed fresh parsley
1/2 cup packed green onion (dark green part only, not white)
1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
Pinch of cayenne (optional)
Sweetener, to taste (1/2 tsp maple syrup)
- Add garlic clove to food processor and process until finely chopped or, alternately, mince the garlic and add in at the same time with below ingredients.
- Then add in the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. Taste it along the way so you can stop when you’ve got the perfect dressing for your taste buds!
- Add salt to taste
Note: This dressing has some kick from the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic. If its too much for you, you could either decrease the amount used or use a softer, more gentle flavoured vinegar such as white balsamic. You can also choose to omit the garlic if you aren’t a fan of the spice it can add.
TRY: If you have any other herbs on hand (cilantro, dill, or other) absolutely give it a go and try the sauce with any combination that sounds good to you!
Ingredients for salad:
- 2-3 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 red pepper, julienned.
- 1/2 red onion, julienned (sliced thinly)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 can cannellini beans (these are a big hit in our house so, you’ll see them a lot in my recipes)
- Fresh cherry tomatoes, halved (add as many as you’d like. They add wonderful flavour and colour)
- A large handful of fresh basil, julienned*
- Mix veggies all together
- Add the amazing, delicious, addicting dressing.
- Toss to coat zoodles/veggies and Serve!
*You can add any fresh herb you’d like to this salad. I love basil, basil anything! But mint, dill, parsley, cilantro, all would be yum!
It’s so dang good! Enjoy!